Monday, January 19, 2009

Two Weeks Wrapped into One Post

Mark and Adrian, to the question:
"If Abby got her good looks from Kate, what did she get from Brian?" the answer is her hair!
We were getting ready to give Abby a bath and after I filled the tub I turned around and saw this. I was laughing so hard it took three pictures to finally get one that was in focus.


Borders is my drug dealer
and books are my drug
I should not be allowed into Borders because I can't be trusted to buy only the one thing I went in for.
Here is the book I went in for. It is the third book in the Wimpy Kid series. The first one was hilarious. The second one was pretty good. This one seemed a little thrown together. It had only one or two laugh-out-loud parts and the part I showed to Fluke, he totally didn't think was funny. My third graders are really into these books so I got it for my class to read too.


Bargain Book Section
I love bargain books. These two lovely items were super cheap. I already had The Dangerous Book for Boys which has everything a boy should know how to do like knot tying or tree house building so I had to get The Daring Book for Girls which has equally essential items in it. I love these books. Fabulous.


This is another bargain book. It is a very large book (see the quarter in the corner.) I thought it would be fun for a read-aloud for my class and later for Abby. I've never read this book but I love the Ramona books by the same author.


Here is yet another bargain book. I am currently reading this one and I really like it. It has all sorts of random comics-the best from 2006 apparently. But it is fun because it has so much variety that if I'm not really into one, the next one is totally different. If anyone is reading this blog and wants this book, you are welcome to it. This is a definitely a read and pass along book.


Best food magazine ever.
So, not a book but I got this at Borders. I have almost all of these magazines and I love them because they have simple recipes that are yummy. I made soup from this one the other day and it was quick and tasty.

For my classroom
Also not a book. This fuchsia Christmas tree was $3.00. It is quite tacky but now I have a little tree for my classroom. Sorry about the equally tacky photo. I just didn't have the energy to do it up right.

Now for some cuteness
Not only does Abby suck her thumb. She sucks both her thumbs at the same time. We drove down to the South Towne Auto Expo or as we call it, The (January) Car Show. The other Car Show is the Cache Valley Cruise-In in July. I just call both "The Car Show." Fluke figures out what I am talking about by what time of year it is. Anyway, this is on the way down to Salt Lake. Abby was so good the entire day. We are so lucky!

Possibilities for Kate's next car.
I looked at some cars while we were at the car show. Here is a Subaru Forrester. For anyone that knew me in high school, you know my Dream Car was a silver Subaru station wagon. I loved them. It is still my dream car. I have a blue Subaru station wagon that is now 18 years old. I've had it for 14 years. I'm ready to drive a newer car. It is really hard to get Abby in and out of my car. This is a possibility for my next car (not for another year or two still.) It has a lot of head room, seats that I only have to kneel into to get Abby in (in my car I have to sit down to do this) and all-wheel-drive. It is also a pretty car.


The one Fluke doesn't want
This is the Toyota Sienna. I like that it has so much room. It is also all-wheel-drive. My parents drove a Toyota for a long time and it was a really good car. I don't think minivans are that bad. Fluke is DYING at the thought of a minivan.

Fluke's choice for our next car (just kidding!)
The Ferrari 599 Fiorano GTB. Abby likes it too, but where would Mama sit? This is the real reason we go to the car show. Fluke has a friend that works at the Ferrari dealership in SLC so he was back behind that fence with the Ferraris, Maseratis and Lotuses (oh my!) while Abby and I were hanging out with the rest of the public.

Fluke actually wants another Xterra for our next car. I have to heave Abby up while stepping up and sitting in the Xterra he drives. Also a pain.


This is Fluke's favorite car from the show. It's a Ferrari 430 Scuderia. If you look closely, you can see me (in green) and Abby (in pink.) We are sitting on the floor behind the tall dude in the middle of the picture. Next to the tall dude is Fluke's friend Joey.


This is the Ferrari F50. It is HOT! I love this one. Fluke said "this is the race car right out of the box, the predecessor to the Enzo." Uh huh... I had to ask on the Ferrari model names and then spell check them. Sorry if that ruins your dreams of my awesomeness.

More cuteness in 3...2...1 (press play)
Abby loves looking at her hands, putting cloth in her mouth and "meowing." This video combines all three. We are at the car show and I'm filming this with my phone so sorry for the quality/noise. You can hear me laughing at the end.


This is an older picture, but I love it
Peace out!

4 comments:

Mark and Adrian said...

Mark says "poor girl!!"

Amy B said...

NICE POST!!! it was so long and had some great pictures- I was laughing .. Darren kept saying what what... keep it up

and yes, I think juno totally reminds me of Ang!

HKins said...

I love that you have a Borders addiction. I suffer from the same thing. Perhaps we should start a group where we attempt to go to Borders and NOT buy anything. I can see this as a 12 step or 12 trip group. I know it would take me that long to successfully make my "no purchase" trip. :)

HKins said...

Oh Kate I'm new to blogging and haven't figured out how to do multiple pics on one post yet. Got a tip for me please?