Thursday, September 3, 2009

Finally!

I had to be back to school on August 17 so that explains the lack of posts. In fact, I can't believe I am posting right now. I should totally be in bed.

What's been going on...

Abby started day care a few weeks ago and is loving it. Drop-offs are a bit dramatic (hanging on to our necks) but so are the pick-ups (crying and throwing toys out of the way to crawl-run to us). Today however, when I went to get her, she was eating and just kind of nodded in my general direction. Her favorites are Puffs™, then Dada (who she calls "Mama"), then Mama (who she calls "Mama"), then Cat (who she either tries to kiss or chomp constantly-so gross). Obviously before Cat comes grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc. But she thinks Cat is seriously funny.

Abby got sick on Friday (day five of daycare/day two of school). This was her first for-reals sickness. Cold and stomach-related issues.

Mama got sick on the Sunday after Abby got sick. I always get sick when school starts. Boo.

Fluke started school last week. Fluke also got sick somewhere around this time.

Fluke went to SLC to have another CT scan yesterday. He is going back to SLC tomorrow to swallow a camera-pill. It's disposable! I love that they added that on the "how to prepare for your camera-pill procedure" sheet. In case you thought you might get one that has been previously used. Fluke thinks it is funny that the lady he talked to on the phone thinks he is going to stick around for 8 hours to wait for the pill to reach its final destination because his digestive track is like, 45 minutes long. For reals. He is supposed to drink a bottle of magnesium citrate. Also known as "the sparkling laxitive." Nice. I went in and reminded him he needed to drink it a couple of hours ago and he said if I made him drink it he was gonna throw up. And then for good measure he threw up. Before he drank it. It went back into the fridge. He will be dehidrated tomorrow. Puke = dehidration AND dehidration = puke. Viscious cycle. Also not being allowed to drink after midnight for someone without a colon = dehidration. We'll let you know when we hear more. We still don't know anything else from the previous tests EXCEPT...oh my heck, he might be having pain (since the year 2002-ish) because of all those little metal rings that are still inside him from one of his previous surgeries. He had an x-ray done a few years ago and they slapped it up to view it and I was like "METAL RINGS!!! ARE INSIDE OF HIM!!! WHAT?!?!" And the doctor in the ER was like "what evs." i.e. it is normal for a surgen to leave these after surgery.
~And he just threw up again.~
Anyway, that's all we know for now. Perhaps a future surgery to remove the rings? We're not sure.

On a brighter note, Psych started its new season. I don't know how I didn't know about this show for the first two seasons. It is like they are talking the way I talk. Love it.

Here are some pictures of our monkey Abby Lulu
(Can I tell you how much I hate uploading pictures to Blogger. It takes FOREVER and feels like I am making it harder then it is but I am not. SO ANNOYING! They always come out in the weirdest order too. But here are some pictures.)










We washed every toy in the house when she got sick. We have a shocking amount of toys.



Really, really scared of the vacuum.

All done. Hooray! (That's a really big smile, not a cry. I promise.)




This is my current most-favorite picture of Abby. A toy in each hand and one in her mouth.


5 comments:

amelia and crew said...

She's so flippin beautiful. Poor Fluke. I'm so sad for his body, but it makes me happy he's got such a wonderful wife to care for him.

Amy said...

Can I tell you how much I love reading your posts- they make me laugh every time. the throwing up, cracks me up- oh wait, it isn't funny, sorry fluke- sorry- your students must all be amazing writers by the time the year is over

Laura said...

Just for the record, I think Abby's hair is way cute. Even with the mullet... :)

Ang said...

Oh Kate...you are funny. I'm like Amy; totally laughing at the way you write things and then feeling bad for laughing. Hmmm... I didn't know Fluke was in pain, like, ever. So glad the doctors are so insightful! Abby is AWESOME.

Sarah said...

I'm so glad that Abby is happy in day care. What a relief to you! I'm also glad to know the camera is one-use only.